Friday, April 26, 2013

Tips & Tricks - Colour Coach

Having the extensive colour palette that Stampin' Up!® has all sorted into colour families really helps with colour matching.  

Here's a card that I cased from Samantha from Blissful Domesticity.

 

I chose Rose Red as my card base and then worked from there.  When you want three coordinating colours or just a monochrome look (dynamic duo) there is no quicker way than to use the Color Coach (120148).


It contains all of Stampin' Up!®'s current 50 colours, you could probably sneak in cards for retired in colours as well if you have them, held on a large screw so can flick through and put colours side by side to see if they work together.  So much easier than hunting through files of different coloured cardstock.

Or even quicker you could do what I did. I found the card for 'Rose Red' and turned it over showing the combinations that the Stampin' Up!® team like best.  I matched the 'Rose Red' circles with it's dynamic duo 'Regal Rose' and then chose 'Elegant Eggplant' and 'Baja Breeze' as my other two flower colours.  Turning to the 'Elegant Eggplant' card I chose to use it's dymanic duo 'Perfect Plum' to complete the purple flower.  For the 'Baja Breeze' flower I had some 'Tempting Turquoise' scraps that I wanted to use up so didn't check the coach for that combination.


I am grateful for every order placed. Thank you so much. 

Orders can be placed by Emailing me or clicking on the shop 24/7 button below.



No comments: