Friday, May 3, 2013

Tips & Tricks - Making the Most of your scraps when making circle flowers.




This is part two of last week's Tips & Tricks Friday which showed how I selected the colours for this card.

Today I'm going to show you how to punch the circles for the flowers using less cardstock than you might think you'll need.  Fabulous if you're making a large number of cards and get to the end and find you've almost run out of scraps.


 I made each of the flowers from two pieces of 1 3/4"x 1 3/4" pieces of cardstock.

I started by punching the smaller circles 1/2" and 1" as far into the centre of the cardstock as I could.

Then I inserted the cardstock into the larger punch (1 1/4") as shown and punched.

Here are all the shapes.


Glued one on top of each other from the back it looks a bit strange.  But turn it over and it's what I used on the card.


I used: -
Elegant Eggplant Cardstock - 108614
Perfect Plum Cardstock - 108615
1/2" Circle Punch - 119869
1" Circle Punch - 119868
1 1/4" Circle Punch - 119861
1 3/8" Circle Punch - 119860





No comments: